Class Description: Curious about printmaking? In this 2.5 hour class, you will learn how to carve your own custom stamps and print them on a cotton tote bag with artist Nicole Carter of Nicole Carter Design.
Learn how to:
- Transfer drawings from paper to your printing block. No drawing skills required. If you can draw a simple shape, you can make a cool stamp. Templates will also be made available.
- Safely use carving tools to create positive and negative space to make your design come to life.
- Properly apply ink to your stamp with a brayer (roller).
- Print your stamp on a cotton tote bag and create a visually appealing pattern.
- Make your prints last by properly curing the ink and after cure washing instructions.
- Clean your carved stamps to use them again and again.
All materials will be supplied and you will go home with your own hand carved stamps (that you can use again and again), a printed-by-you cotton tote bag and a supply list to reference if you are interested in printmaking at home.
Age: 16+ Participants should be able to safely use sharp tools.
Mini Bio About the Instructor:
Nicole Carter has been creating, making, illustrating and loving every single minute of it since her hands were small. Over the years she’s explored and experimented with many mediums and takes a mixed media approach to her work complimenting her printmaking with embroidery, macrame and watercolor. Nicole’s approach to art and design is creating what feels good, and her handmade products range from wall hangings to home decor to wearable art. Her design aesthetic is bold and graphic and is inspired by feminine energy, botanicals and nature. Nicole was born and raised in Phoenixville, PA and resides in beautiful Chester Springs with her husband, Drew and rescue pup, Chino.
Price: $65/per person – Limit 10 people